Parks & Recreation Commission Agenda
CITY OF FULLERTON
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
City Council Chamber
Monday, April 10, 2006
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
CONSENT ITEMS (Items 1 and 2)– All matters listed under Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items prior to the time of voting on the motion unless members of the Commission, staff or public request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
*1. MINUTES OF THE MARCH 13, 2006 REGULAR MEETING
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the March 13, 2006 regular meeting.
*2. LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR MARCH 2006
Staff recommendation to receive and file the Landscape Division March 2006 Monthly Report.
REGULAR BUSINESS (Items 3 - 7)3. OPENING OF THE LEO FENDER GALLERY
Cultural Arts and Events Manager Dannielle Mauk will provide a verbal presentation on the upcoming opening of the Leo Fender Gallery at the Fullerton Museum Center.
*4. GATE AT MOUNTAIN VIEW PARK - CONTINUED
Staff recommendation that the Parks and Recreation Commission approve retention of the gate at Mountain View Park but that it be painted a more neutral color.
5. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE
*6. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Bastanchury Park Concession Stand Lease
- "Good Neighbor" Policy at the Fullerton Sports Complex
- Sports Field Users Appeals Committee
- Fullerton Sports Complex tot lot meeting with Chair Russell
- New Richman Park after school program
- Even Start ESL/school readiness program at Valencia Cener
- Richman Park construction underway
- Fullerton Market opening April 6th
- Leo Fender Gallery opening April 22nd
- Night in Fullerton April 28th
7. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
- Presented plaque for former Parks and Recreation Commissioner Virginia Han
- Approved the Laguna Lake Concept Plan
- Approved the Spring Adopt-A-Park Memorandums of Understanding
- Closed Session on property negotiations at the Bastanchury Greenbelt
- Closed Session on the Kiwanis lease at 410 So. Richman Avenue
- Presented Museum Docent of the Year plaque as well as a service plaque and certificate to two former Museum Board members
- Received the Fullerton Aquatics Sports Team Annual Report (see Item #6)