CITY OF FULLERTON
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
City Council Chamber
Monday, January 9, 2006
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
CONSENT ITEMS (Items 1 - 3)
- All matters listed under Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items prior to the time of voting on the motion unless members of the Commission, staff or public request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
*1. MINUTES OF THE DECEMBER 12, 2005 REGULAR MEETING
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the December 12, 2005 regular meeting.
*2. LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR DECEMBER 2005
Staff recommendation to receive and file the Landscape Division December 2005 Monthly Report.
*3. MEMORIAL TREE DONATION
Staff recommendation to approve and accept a memorial tree donation from resident Dennis Chant for Hillcrest Park.
REGULAR BUSINESS (Items 4 - 9)
4. FOX THEATRE RENOVATIONS
Fullerton Historic Theatre Foundation President, Todd Huffman, will introduce new Executive Director Jon Wagner, and make a presentation on Fox Theatre renovation efforts.
5. UPDATE ON GOLFER'S PARADISE
Staff will introduce new Golfer's Paradise lessee, John Mok, who will discuss his plans for the golf training center.
6. UPDATE ON THE LEO FENDER EXHIBIT
Staff will provide an update on the design and programming of the permanent Leo Fender exhibit scheduled to open April 22, 2006.
7. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE
- Laguna Lake Dedication February 25, 2006
8. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Accepted a donation of $1,050 for the Fullerton Tennis Center from the North Orange County Tennis Club.
- Authorized the Director of Parks and Recreation to apply for Per Capita Grant Funds from the 2002 Resources Bond Act.
9. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS