City Council Chamber
Monday, February 14, 2005
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS (Items 1-4)
MINUTES OF THE DECEMBER 13, 2004 REGULAR MEETING
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the December 13, 2004 regular meeting.
SITE SELECTION FOR ST. JUDE NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CENTER
The Community Services Commission will make a recommendation based on its site visits and discussion.
PARK CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM UPDATES
Recommendation to approve the 2005-2010 Community Services Five-Year Capital Improvement Program Project Priority Schedule to the City Council.
POP WARNER FIELD DEDICATION SIGN AT LIONS FIELD
Recommendation to make a determination regarding the request to display a new dedication sign, and to consider directing staff to develop a formal park signage policy.
INFORMATION ITEMS (Items 5 - 9)
DRAWING OF LOTS FOR COMMISSION/COMMITTEE DIRECT APPOINTMENT PROCESS
Deputy City Clerk Eva Bird will conduct the drawing of lots for the new direct appointment process.
LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR DECEMBER 2004 AND JANUARY 2005
Commission Workshop: February 28, 2005 at 6:00 p.m., Maintenance Yard
REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Approved the Unocal/Vista Park and Panorama Park Conservation Easement.
- Approved the design consultant for the Laguna Lake Regional Trail and habitat improvements.
- Approved the concept of a St. Jude medical clinic on park land and asked for a Commission recommendation of the site at Independence, Lemon or Richman parks.
- Awarded stipends to 20 organizations that participated in the Fall Adopt-A-Park Program.
- Authorized the Community Services Director to enter into Memorandums of Agreement with 18 organizations participating in the Spring 2005 Adopt-A-Park Program.
*Written Material Attached