City Council Chamber
Public comment will be allowed on items on this agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS (Items 1-4)
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the May 12, 2003 regular meeting.
*TREE REMOVAL PROPOSAL - 800 BLOCK OF DELPHINE PLACE
Recommendation to approve the decision to remove trees on Delphine Place immediately and replace them with the designated trees as directed by the Master Street Tree Plan.
*MUSEUM / PLAZA STORAGE BUILDING REMODEL AND RESTROOM PROJECT
Recommendation that the Commission recommend to City Council approval of the Museum/Plaza Storage building conceptual plans, and that it authorize staff to proceed with construction documents.
*AMERIGE HEIGHTS COMMUNITY CENTER CONCEPT PLAN
Recommendation that the Commission recommend to City Council that it approve the Amerige Heights Community Center preferred Craftsman style conceptual plan, and authorize staff to proceed with construction documents.
INFORMATION ITEMS (Items 5-8)
REVISIONS TO CITY AGREEMENTS WITH FULLERTON PUBLIC EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS: CAL STATE FULLERTON, LAGUNA ROAD SCHOOL, PACIFIC DRIVE SCHOOL
*LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORTS FOR JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST 2003
*BUILDING AND FACILITIES DIVISION MONTHLY MAINTENANCE REPORTS FOR JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST 2003
REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS:
- Approved the Tenth Amendment to Title III-B Older Americans Act
- Approved sponsorship of the October 10, 2003 "Taste of Fullerton" event in the amount of the rental fee for the Downtown Plaza
- Approved increase in swim lesson fees for Summer 2003
- Approved the Sports Complex Concession Stand Use Agreement with East Fullerton Little League
- Approved West Coyote Hills Park Telecommunications Site Lease Agreement with Sprint PCS
- Approved West Fullerton Little League's request to name the major field at Nicholas Park the Jim Carter Memorial Field
- Adopted Two-Year Budget for FY 2003-04 and 2004-05
- Approved Policy Statement and Fee Schedule for Community Services programs
- Proclaimed July as Parks and Recreation Month
- Approved the Eighth Amendment to the Orange County Transportation Authority Agreement to C-8-0367
- Approved the 2003-2004Title III-B Older Americans Act Agreement and authorized the Director of Community Services to sign any amendments to the agreement for increased funding
ADJOURNMENT - The next regular Community Services Commission meeting will be held Monday, October 13, 2003 at 5:30 p.m. at Fullerton Municipal Golf Course, 2700 Harbor Boulevard, Fullerton, California.
*Written Material Attached