On November 6, 2012, Fullerton voters approved Measure X, which adopted Ordinance No. 3183 establishing the sale and use of safe and sane fireworks. City Council adopted Resolution No. 2014-08 on February 4, 2014, which established rules for the sale and use of safe and sane fireworks within the City of Fullerton.
Fireworks Sales & Discharge
- Only Safe and Sane fireworks are permitted in Fullerton.
- Use allowed only on July 4th between the hours of 10am and 10pm.
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Minimum age to buy and use Safe and Sane fireworks is 16 years.
- Use only on private property with permission (no parks, schools, etc.).
- No items except sparklers should be hand held.
- Adults should always supervise fireworks activities.
- Never have any portion of your body directly over any firework device when lighting the fuse.
- Light one item at a time.
- Move back to a safe distance immediately after lighting.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not fully functioned.
- Never throw fireworks or point them at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks fully complete their functioning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding to prevent a trash fire.
- Take extra care when using sparklers around small children. Sparklers burn at temperatures of over 1200 degrees.
- If an item does not light easily or if it lights but seems to fizzle, stand back and do not handle for 30 minutes.
Further information about the fireworks prohibition or year-round fire safety may be obtained by calling the Fire Prevention Bureau of the Fullerton Fire Department at (714) 738-6500.