You can save water at home by following these easy tips.
By simply updating bathroom fixtures or appliances in your home, you can help reduce your household’s overall water use significantly - and ultimately your water bill, too!
- Turn off the water when you brush you teeth.Saves 3 gallons a day.
- Shorten your showers by one or two minutes and save up to 5 gallons.
- Save 20 gallons a day for every leak you fix.
- Save between 15 and 50 gallons each time by only washing full loads of laundry.
- Talk to your family and friends about saving water. If everyone does a little, we all benefit.
Approximately one half of California's entire residential water supply is applied to home landscapes.You can reduce the amount of water your household uses to water your yard - while maintaining optimal plant health and a beautiful landscape - by selecting water-efficient irrigation technology. You'll save water and money, plus have more free time to enjoy the savings!
- Water your yard before 8am to reduce evaporation and interference from wind.Saves up to 25 gallons a day.
- Save 40 gallons a day by installing a “smart” sprinkler controller.
- Mulch! Save hundreds of gallons a year by using organic mulch around plants to reduce evaporation and inhibit weed growth.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks. You’ll save 150 gallons each time.
- Check your sprinkler system for leaks, overspray, and broken sprinkler heads, and save 500 gallons a month.
For more water-saving tips, please visit www.bewaterwise.com or www.cityoffullerton.com (click on the conservation link).