All restrictions found in Standard Conservation apply in Phase I, also.
- No Hose Washing
- parking areas,
- or other paved surfaces.
- except as required for health and safety purposes;
- Drinking Water on Request Only in Eating Establishments
- Drinking water shall only be served when a customer expressly request it at any
- or other public place where food is sold, served, or offered for sale.
- Leaking Plumbing Fixtures
- All leaks from indoor and outdoor plumbing fixtures shall be promptly repaired.
- Watering Landscape Time Restriction (10am to 4pm)
- Watering of landscape or other turf area shall not be allowed between 10:00a.m. and 4:00p.m.
- Water-dependent industries including, but not limited to: commercial nurseries and golf courses.
- Reclaimed water: there is no restriction on watering with reclaimed water. Signs must be posted that identify reclaimed water is being used.
Water supply shortage rates
During a Phase I water supply shortage, the City Council may increase water rates, other than Tier 1 Lifeline rates, by an amount necessary, as determined by the City Council. The increase in water rates, which could average approximately up to 10 percent above the pre-water shortage rates, may vary among categories of customers. Examples of categories are single family residential, multi-family residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, temporary service, municipal, landscape, and fire lines.
Read more about Phase I water conservation