Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1926-1930 Residential > Russ House / Hunter House, 1930
Shortcuts
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
Agendas & Minutes
City Employment
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Police News
Public Notices
Congregational Church of Fullerton

<< Back | Next >>

Originally:
Russ House or Hunter House
Location:
845 N. Euclid Street
1930: Spanish Colonial Revival

Russ or Hunter HouseThis attractive two-story Spanish Colonial Revival structure was originally located on Orangethorpe Avenue, west of Harbor Boulevard in the middle of an orange grove. The house was built for pioneer rancher Albert Russ and his wife Catherine, and it represents one of the few instances where this style was used for a grove house.

When Mrs. Russ sold the property in 1952, she moved the house to what was at that time the terminus of Euclid Street. Since 1963, the building has been used as a church facility. First belonging to the Presbyterian Church, the structure was named for Dr. Graham Hunter, an active minister of the church during the 1920s and 1930s. The property continues to be used as a church and day care center.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547