Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1926-1930 Residential > Lamhofer House, 1927
Shortcuts
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
Agendas & Minutes
City Employment
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Police News
Public Notices
Lamhofer House

 << Back | Next >>

Location:
600 W. Valley View Drive
1927: Tudor Revival

Lamhofer HouseThis two-story residence represents a fine example of English Tudor Revival architecture with its steep, shakecovered gable roofs, stucco walls with half-timber decorative bracing, detailed brick-capped chimney and well-positioned and proportioned multi-paned casement windows. In addition to the brick trimmed entry, there are outstanding details on all sides of the structure, and the detached garage continues the architectural style.

The initial owners were Eric and Ester Lamhofer, who lived in the house until 1936. Norton Simon, president of Val Vita Foods and later Hunt-Wesson Foods, lived here between 1936 and 1938, but did not own the property. The Lamhofer family owned the property until the 1960s.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547