Location: 213 - 215 W. Commonwealth Avenue
1926 - 1928: Brick Commercial
The usual imitation of a wooden storefront has not been attempted in this brick commercial building, and a second story has been included. While the structure appears to be one, the more easterly portion of the building was built in 1926, and the westerly portion two years later, in 1928. The lack of a parapet is unusual at this date, and the presence of a second floor for living quarters is noteworthy. More typical is the use of two tones of brick and the variation in the size of the pilasters separating the window openings across the façade to produce a decorative effect.
Improvements for earthquake safety, completed in 1994, are inconspicuous and minimally affect the appearance of the building.