Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1918-1925 Non-Residential > Ellingson Building, 1920
Shortcuts
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
City Employment
Agendas & Minutes
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Public Notices
Ellingson Building

 << Back | Next >>

Location:
119 W. Santa Fe Avenue
1920: Brick Commercial

Ellingson BuildingThis building was designed originally for use as an automotive dealership and garage. As was typical of brick commercial structures in Fullerton in the early 1920s, the building has a simple rectangular shape and a decorative parapet is part of the front fa├žade, which in this instance appears to be a blending of the storefront format and a Mission Revival roof line.

The building was used as a garage until the mid-1940s. The Ellingson family first leased the space from the owner, Hugh Warden, for use as a machinery shop in 1946, and later purchased the building in the 1960s. The building continues to be owned by the Ellingson family, who has retained the appearance of the original storefront to the present day.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547