Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > Historic Fullerton > 1918-1925 Non-Residential
Shortcuts
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
Agendas & Minutes
City Employment
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Police News
Public Notices
1918 – 1925: Non-Residential Development

In this period the City experienced new commercial construction with major buildings that largely define the Central Business District today. Spadra Road (Harbor Boulevard) was the focus of much of this construction, but less important industrial and service structures filled the side streets, in particular West Santa Fe Avenue.

The brick commercial structures dominate by the end of this period, and a few major public buildings date to these years as well, designed in the preferred Spanish Colonial Revival style. However, the city’s premiere commercial structure that was built at this time, the Chapman Building, does not reflect a Spanish design but an architectural style typically used for high-rise buildings in business districts of large cities.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547