Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1918-1925 Non-Residential > Christian Science Church, 1920
Shortcuts
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
Agendas & Minutes
City Employment
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Police News
Public Notices
Self-Realization Fellowship Church

 << Back | Next >>

Originally:
Christian Science Church
Location: 142 E. Chapman Avenue
1920: Mission Revival

Christian Science ChurchThe corner site of this Mission Revival church is an important part of the building’s dramatic effect. Erected in 1920, the structure was originally a Christian Science Church and was not dedicated until November 1929, when the $35,000 debt had been paid. It now serves as an important landmark in Fullerton, both architecturally and culturally.

The structure, one of six major Mission Revival buildings in Fullerton, is distinguished from the others by its elaborate relief decoration as well as its inviting setting. The wings seem to embrace the corner, providing a warm reception to all whom wish to visit the church.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547