CITY OF FULLERTON
REDEVELOPMENT DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2005
Persons addressing the Redevelopment Design Review Committee shall be limited to 10 minutes unless the Chairman, subject to the approval of the Redevelopment Design Review Committee grants an extension of time. When any group of persons wishes to address the Committee, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comment will be allowed on agenda items at the time the item is considered.
The Redevelopment Design Review Committee's approval or denial of any action on this agenda shall become final and effective ten working days
after its decision unless an appeal is made in writing within this ten-day period to the Planning Commission by either an applicant or an opponent. The filing of an appeal within such time limit shall stay the effective date of the order of the Redevelopment Design Review Committee until such time as the Planning Commission has acted on the appeal. Anyone interested in making an appeal should contact the Development Services Department for assistance.
4:00 P.M. SESSION
COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
October 20, 2005
November 10, 2005
1. PRJ04-01164 - ZON05-00024. APPLICANT NANCY CHANG; PROPERTY OWNER: XUE REN. A request for an 14-unit, 429 square foot garage; 185 square foot first floor; 462 second floor; 500 square foot third floor attached condominium project in Community Improvement District located at 918 South Highland Avenue (generally located on the east side of Highland Avenue between 150 and 275 feet south of Knepp Avenue, west to Tamarack Drive) (R-3 Zone) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15332 of the CEQA Guidelines) (Continued from October 27 and November 10, 2005). (HA)
2. PRJ05 00756 - ZON05-00107. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: CITY OF FULLERTON. A review of five preliminary design concepts for the State College Grade underpass at railroad row along the north side of Valencia Drive. (JR)
3. PRJ05-00257 - ZON05-00023. APPLICANTS: BARGHAUSEN CONSULTING ENGINEERS AND PRICE CO. A request to construct and operate a self-serve retail gasoline service station with 8 dispensers, a 32 foot by 120 foot canopy and 3 underground fuel storage tanks with a capacity of 90,000 gallons located at 900 S. Harbor Boulevard (east side of Harbor Boulevard between 770 and 1232 feet north of Orangethorpe Avenue (C-2 Zone) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15332 of the CEQA Guidelines). (JW)
4. PRJ05-00752 - ZON05-00104. APPLICANT: CRANE ARCHITECTURAL GROUP. A request to construct a new second dwelling on property in a CID zone and in a potential landmark district at 137 West Ash Avenue (north side of Ash, approximately between 160 and 205 feet east of the centerline of Malden Avenue (R-2 Zone) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15303 of the CEQA Guidelines). (AK)
5. PRJ05-00757 - ZON05-00108. APPLICANT: PATRICK O'CONNOR. A request to upgrade the main entrance of historically significant (potential National Register) property including the replacement of the existing concrete stairs, the construction of an ADA ramp, the installation of new decorative hardscape replacing the existing, and the installation of wrought iron perimeter fencing at 142 East Chapman Avenue generally located at the southwest corner of Chapman and Pomona (C-3 Zone) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15301 of the CEQA Guidelines). (HA)
6. PRJ05-00753 - ZON05-00105. APPLICANT: RYAN GREGORY. Review preliminary site plan and elevations for mixed-use project of 27 residential condominium units above 4,600 square feet retail space and parking garage located at 345 East Commonwealth Avenue (C-1 Zone). (Negative Declaration) (HA.)
7. PRJ05-00606 - PRE05-00060. APPLICANT: PELICAN LANG/FULLERTON LLC; PROPERTY OWNER: CITY OF FULLERTON. Review "Option B" site plan and building concepts preliminary review comment for mixed-use development above existing public parking lot (generally north and south sides of the 100 block of Amerige Avenue) (C-3 Zone) (JR)
Public comment will be allowed on matters not appearing on the agenda but within the Redevelopment Design Review Committee's jurisdiction, at the end of the agenda. No action may be taken on off-agenda items except as provided by law.
November 15 City Council
November 23 Planning Commission - cancelled
December 6 City Council
AGENDA FORECAST FOR SPECIAL MEETING:
AGENDA FORECAST FOR DECEMBER 22, 2005:
CUP-776C - ZON04-00061. APPLICANT: YOUNG SHIN. Site plan and architectural review for a new fellowship hall and children's activity center at an existing church located at 511 South Brookhurst Road. (AK)