Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE FULLERTON PLANNING COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - FULLERTON CITY HALL
WEDNESDAY October 11, 2000 4:00 P.M.
- CALL TO ORDER:
- The meeting was called to order by Chairman LeQuire at 4:00 p.m.
- ROLL CALL:
- Chairman LeQuire; Commissioners Allred, Crane, Godfrey, LeQuire, Munson, and Simons
STAFF PRESENT: Chief Planner Rosen, Associate Planner Viado, and Recording Secretary Stevens
- MOTION by Commissioner Munson, seconded and CARRIED by a 6-0 vote, with Commissioner Simons abstaining, that the Minutes of the September 27, 2000, meeting be APPROVED AS WRITTEN.
- ITEM NO. 1
GENERAL PLAN REVISION GPR-00-03. APPLICANT: CITY OF FULLERTON.
- Staff report dated October 11, 2000, was presented pertaining to consideration of a General Plan Revision updating the locations of various recreational trails within the City. (Exhibit RM-2 of the General Plan) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301(c) of CEQA Guidelines) (Continued from June 28, 2000 meeting). The existing and revised General Plan graphics were displayed.
Associate Planner Viado reported that the last time the Exhibit was prepared was in 1996. This item had been reviewed by the Trail User's Subcommittee and Community Services Commission. Staff has incorporated the suggestions from those two committees into the current map. Development Services, Maintenance Services and Community Services staff have conducted field reviews to verify if the trails listed on the map are accurate. The exhibit was also forwarded to the County of Orange Harbors, Beaches and Parks Division for review.
This exhibit incorporates three new trails: (1) Union Pacific Railroad Right-of-Way backbone trail; (2) Brea Dam backbone trail; and (3) Hillcrest Park Connector Trail. Trails deleted from the current exhibit are: (1) The backbone trail located in the northern portion of the City; (2) the backbone trail in the western portion of the City, adjacent to the McColl Dump Site; and (3) the connector trail located along Bastanchury Road, east of Harbor Boulevard.
Commissioner Allred questioned whether "Horse Alley" was a designated horse trail. Chief Planner Rosen answered that the trail was dedicated in the late 70's. There have been on-going drainage problems in this area, but the City has been working on mitigating those problems for some time.
Commissioner Simons asked for details on the "Lost Trail." Chief Planner Rosen explained that this trail had been dedicated through the Brea Dam and because of lack of use, the trail became overgrown and could not be identified. City staff recently went out to the area, found the fence, and all of the weeds were subsequently cleared.
Commissioner Crane asked if the Union Pacific Right-of-Way trail would pick up to the east of the area. Associate Planner Viado stated that at this time, the trail will dead end at the train station.
Chairman LeQuire asked for the location of the trail proposed to be abandoned with the Amerige Heights project. Chief Planner Rosen stated that there had been a trail off of Malvern Avenue, along the edge of the golf course, and along the McColl site. When the final remediation was developed for the McColl site, the trail was abandoned from Rosecrans Avenue to Pioneer.
Public hearing was opened, but there was no one present to speak on this matter. Public hearing closed.
The title of Resolution No. 6899 RECOMMENDING to the City Council approval of a General Plan Revision to update the locations of various recreational trails within the City as indicated in the Resource Management Element (Exhibit RM-2) of the General Plan, was read and further reading was waived. MOTION by Commissioner Godfrey, seconded and CARRIED unanimously that said Resolution be ADOPTED AS WRITTEN.
- ITEM NO. 2
AMENDMENT A-1452. APPLICANT: CITY OF FULLERTON
- A request to consider a comprehensive revision of the Zoning Ordinance, Title 15, of the Fullerton Municipal Code (Negative Declaration). Chief Planner Rosen reported that due to time constraints, staff desired this matter to be continued to the next regularly-scheduled meeting. MOTION by Commissioner Munson, seconded and CARRIED unanimously, that said item be CONTINUED to October 25, 2000.
- OTHER MATTERS
- ITEM A
REVIEW OF COUNCIL ACTIONS
- Chief Planner Rosen gave a brief report on recent City Council meetings.
- ITEM B
- There was no one present who wished to speak on any matter within the Commission's jurisdiction.
- ITEM C
- The next regularly-scheduled meeting will be October 25, 2000, at 4:00 p.m.
- There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:31 p.m.