Planning Commission Meeting Agenda
October 24, 2001
City Council Chambers
Persons addressing the Planning Commission shall be limited to 10 minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Planning Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comment will be allowed on agenda items at the time the item is considered.
Public comment will be allowed on matters not appearing on the agenda but within the Planning Commission's jurisdiction, at the end of the agenda. No action may be taken on off-agenda items except as provided by law.
The Planning Commission's approval or denial of any action on this agenda shall become final and effective ten days after its decision unless an appeal is made in writing within this ten-day period to the City Council by either an applicant or an opponent. The filing of an appeal within such time limit shall stay the effective date of the order of the Planning Commission until such time as the City Council has acted on the appeal. Anyone interested in making an appeal should contact the Development Services Department for assistance.
4:00 P.M. SESSION
Regular Meeting of October 10, 2001
Next Resolution No. 6937
|PUBLIC HEARINGS ||RECOMMENDED ACTIONS |
|1. TRACT TR-16143. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: KB HOME COASTAL. A request to allow the subdivision of 116 lots (85 single-family residential "green court" and 31 lots for open space, parking and circulation purposes, on a 10.2-acre property located within the Amerige Heights Specific Plan development on property located south of Pioneer Avenue, southwest of Parks Road and northwest of Bastanchury Road (Specific Plan District) (Previously certified EIR) ||Continue to November 14, 2001 |
|2. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT CUP-1052. APPLICANT: SANDY KATES; PROPERTY OWNER: ROBERT MANSFIELD A request to allow a bar use on property located at 116 ½ West Wilshire Avenue (south side of Wilshire Avenue, approximately 300 feet west of Harbor Boulevard) (C-3 zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301 of CEQA Guidelines). ||Approval, subject to conditions |
|3. GENERAL PLAN REVISION GPR-01-03 AND AMENDMENT A-1472. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: CITY OF FULLERTON. A request to consider a revision in the Land Use Map of the General Plan changing the existing land use designation from Industrial to Downtown Mixed Use, and to change the zone classification from M-G to C-3 for property located on the north side of the 100 block of West Santa Fe Avenue (M-G zone) (Negative Declaration). ||Certify Negative Declaration |
-Recommend approval to the City Council
|4. DEVELOPMENT PROJECT DP-01-09 (MAJOR); CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT CUP-1053 AND HISTORICAL LANDMARK HL-15B. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: THE WILLIAMS COMPANY. A request to consider site and architectural plans to add approximately 1,800 square feet for an elevator lobby to serve an existing Historical (Local) Landmark building (The Williams Building); to allow the floor/area ratio to exceed 2.00 with this addition; and to allow the upper level of the building to be used as a reception/dance hall, on property located at 112 East Commonwealth Avenue (south side of Commonwealth Avenue, approximately 150 feet east of Harbor Boulevard) (C-3 zone) (Negative Declaration). ||Certify Negative Declaration |
-Approval, subject to conditions
|OTHER MATTERS |
- A. REVIEW OF COUNCIL ACTIONS
- B. PUBLIC COMMENTS
- C. AGENDA FORECAST
- The next meeting of the Fullerton Planning Commission will be November 14, 2001 at 4:00 p.m.
- To consider site and architectural plans to add 3,845 square feet to an existing 11,800 square-foot commercial building and to allow a counseling center for clients needing mental health and substance abuse services on property located at 1501 West Commonwealth Avenue.
- To allow a 5,800 square-foot sports bar with a 500-square-foot dance floor in an existing building on property located at 207-209 North Harbor Boulevard.
- To allow a 13.4-megawatt gas turbine cogeneration facility with a 55-foot high stack on an existing manufacturing facility on property located at 2001 East Orangethorpe Avenue (Kimberly Clark).
- A request to consider modification of CUP-238 which presently allows the expansion of a car dealership to include additional storage and car preparation, and auto repair facilities on property located at 148 and 152 South Lloyd Avenue.
- A request to allow a subdivision of an 8.5-acre commercial property to create two lots on property located at 3920 North Harbor Boulevard and 120 East Imperial Highway.
- A second year review of Fullerton City Lights on property located at 224 East Commonwealth Avenue.