Energy & Resource Management Committee Minutes August 21 2002
August 21, 2002
- CALL TO ORDER:
- Chairman McNelly called the meeting to order at 7:30 a.m.
- MEMBERS PRESENT:
- Adamson, Devlin, Hardwick, Hoover, McNelly, Mahaffey, Mitchell, Murphy, Pendarvis, Roberts
- MEMBERS ABSENT:
- STAFF PRESENT:
- Contract Planner Garcia, and Clerical Support Thompson
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Minutes of the July 17, 2002 meeting were APPROVED as amended with committee-member Roberts being excused from the meeting.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS:
Sub-Committee (Urban Water Management Plan and water issues.)
The committee established a subcommittee to review the Water Plan for the City of Fullerton and write a recommendation to Water Systems Manager John Carlson on their findings. This subcommittee will be comprised of committee members Devlin, Hardwick, and Hoover, with committee member Hardwick leading the subcommittee.
Joint Meeting with the Infrastructure Committee
The first task assigned to the newly formed Infrastructure committee is to review the Staff Report on the Sewer Lateral Lines from Maintenance Services Director Bob Savage. This report is scheduled to go to City Council in September, then to both the Infrastructure Committee and the Energy and Resource Management Committee for review. To accomplish this, both committees will meet in a joint meeting on September 25, 2002 at 4:00 p.m. during the Infrastructure Committee's regularly scheduled time.
Update on Waste Discharge Requirements
At the beginning of the year, Ken Thiesen of the Orange County Sanitation District, presented this committee with some new requirements that were implemented on April 26th of this year. Chairman McNelly explained in detail many aspects of these new requirements.
Update on Water Infrastructure Projects
Contract Planner Garcia passed out a report by John Carlson with a list and brief description of current water projects for the committee's review. The committee requested to meet with John Carlson for an update on these projects.
Update on Committee Membership
Clerical Support Thompson advised the committee of the current vacancy status as well as some term ending dates for a few members. The committee requested that a term ending date be added to the rooster.
- COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS
There were no committee member comments.
- AGENDA FORECAST
An additional item to be reviewed at a future meeting is the Beverage Container Recycling Program.
- There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 a.m. to a joint meeting with the Infrastructure Committee on September 25, 2002 at 4:00 p.m. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be October 16, 2002.
Andrea B. Thompson, Clerical Support