Newsracks placed on a public right-of-way in Fullerton are subject to the requirements of Fullerton Municipal Code Chapter 7.38.
Download the Application for Newsrack Permits
- An annual newsrack permit is required for each newsrack placed in a public right-of-way.
- Newsrack permits must be renewed annually in July. (Annual renewal fee in 2011 is $30.00 and $10.00 per location.)
- Distributors must provide a certified copy of their liability insurance.
- Annual renewal is not a guarantee that current or prior locations will be permitted the following year.
- There can be no more than six newsracks at a single site.
A priority system governs the placement locations for newsracks:
- First priority is given to daily publications.
- Second priority is given to weekly publications, and by the date on which the application was received.
- Third priority is given to bi-weekly publications, and by the date on which the application was received.
- Fourth priority is given to monthly publications, and by the date on which the application was received.